Posted at 11:25 PM, 23 March 2010 -
The expanded and remastered versions of Saint Etienne's Tiger Bay (1994) and Finisterre (2002) will be released on May 4th 2010. Both albums will be re-released as Deluxe Editions featuring the original album, an extra disc of session tracks, b-sides and extensive sleeve notes.
The first 1000 copies of Finisterre will be issued as a triple disc that includes one disc featuring the original album (remastered), a second with original b-sides and unreleased material, and a third disc (DVD) of the Finisterre film.
Finisterre (2002) includes two songs co-written by Xenomania ("Action" and "Shower Scene") and four songs produced by Mr. Joshua, which is believed to be an alias of Brian Higgins and Nick Coler ("Action", "Soft Like Me", "New Thing" "Shower Scene").
These are the tracklists:
CD 1 (original album)
1. Urban Clearway 2. Former Lover 3. Hug My Soul 4. Like A Motorway 5. On The Shore 6. Marble Lions 7. Pale Movie 8. Cool Kids Of Death 9. Western Wind / Tankerville 10. The Boy Scouts Of America
1. Urban Clearway (demo)* 2. Black Horse Latitude* 3. I Buy American Records 4. Hate Your Drug 5. You Know I’ll Miss You When I’m Gone 6. Sushi Rider 7. Hug My Soul (demo)* 8. The Wedding Of Stacy Dorning* 9. Deborah’s French Feast* 10. Western Wind (demo)* 11. Pale Movie (demo)* 12. La Poupee Qui Fait Non (no no no) 13. Highgate Road Incident 14. My Christmas Prayer 15. I Was Born On Christmas Day
CD1 (original album)
1. Action 2. Amateur 3. Language Lab 4. Soft Like Me 5. Summer Isle 6. Stop And Think It Over 7. Shower Scene 8. The Way We Live Now 9. New Thing 10. B92 11. The More You Know 12. Finisterre
1. Primrose Hill 2. Anderson Unbound 3. Seven Summers 4. Gimp Crisis 5. Abby, I Hardly Know You 6. So Mystified* 7. White Dress* 8. Time And Tide 9. Shock Corridor 10. Stop And Think It Over (Kid Loco mix)* 11. Mountain Rain 12. Queen Of Polythene 13. Ballade De Saint Etienne 14. Stevie 15. Get It Together Again 16. Fascination 17. There There My Brigadier*
* previously un-released. The non-demo tracks are brand new recordings.
The albums are the latest in an on-going Saint Etienne re-issue series that has so far seen the release of Foxbase Alpha, Continental, So Tough and The Sound Of Water. They also recently released Foxbase Beta, a re-working of their debut album by Richard X.
Labels: Saint Etienne